Here are Ryder-Cheshire Ivanhoe Homes we take everyone’s privacy seriously.
This policy applies to the Ryder-Cheshire Victorian Homes Foundation Inc. and sets out how we use your personal information and explains:
- What kind of personal information we collect and how it is collected
- How we use the information you provide
- Management and security of personal information
- Updating personal information
- Seeking access to the personal information we hold about you
Please visit our Website regularly to check for updates. All personal information held by us will be governed by our most recent policy which we will post on our Website.
What Kind of Personal Information We Collect and How It Is Collected
We collect personal information from our Residents and Caring Friend and volunteers. In general, the personal information we collect includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, gender, partner’s name. We may collect personal information for web transactions, newsletters and emails and general purposes. We only use this information for its intended purposes. For some services, we may request information about background, occupation, demographics and interests.
Management and Security of Personal Information
Personal Information you provide:
- We store securely the personal information you enter on our Website or give to us in other ways.
Updating Personal Information
We obtain most personal information through the accommodation registration process and updates to Caring Friends membership details.
- We endeavour to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances we may be provided personal information from a third party. In this event we ask that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
How We use the Information you Provide
We may use information we collect from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection.
We generally use personal information to:
- Help us manage and enhance our activities and programmes;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with ongoing information about programmes in which we believe you may be interested;
- Give you the opportunity, from time to time, to receive email and ‘e-newsletters’ from us.
In most cases where we ask you to provide information about yourself, if you do not provide us with that information, we will not be able to provide you with details of our activities or programs.
Seeking Access to the Personal Information We Hold About You
We are bound to disclose to you details of the personal information we hold about you. This information will not be disclosed to a third party unless we are required to do so under the direction of a lawful order initiated by a Government agency.
Under APP 12 of the Commonwealth Privacy Act, individuals seeking access to the personal information we hold must first establish that they are in fact the individual concerned, or that the request comes from a legal guardian, power of attorney or authorised agent. There is no charge to the applicant in seeking access to the personal information we hold.
Access may be sought in person, by mail, email or by telephone in which case the requirements as laid down in the previous paragraph apply.
- We retain web site usage information about visitors to our web site for statistical purposes only. We also retain resident registration details on our booking system for personal communication and statistical purposes.
- We do not sell, trade or rent any personal information. We may compile aggregate statistics and provide them to third parties, but we do not provide information that identifies individuals.
- We may save personal information to comply with federal and state policies but we do not disclose this information to third parties or government agencies unless state or federal law requires us to do so or circumstances require us to protect the safety of our Residents and Caring Friends.