What we provide:
The Ryder-Cheshire Ivanhoe Home is composed of three adjacent buildings containing a total of 43 self-contained studio(bed-sitter) apartments.
Each apartment has:
- Two or three single beds
- Fully equipped kitchenette
- En-suite bathroom
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- Reverse cycle heating and cooling
- Lift access in building 12 and 14
- 4 Wheelchair accessible rooms
- Laundry facilities in each building
- Each unit has a small portable line for airing
- Parking either on-site or in Donaldson Street
- Quiet areas and beautiful gardens to rest and recover in
- Apartments and linen are professional cleaned before each new resident’s arrive
- A staff member, resident carer or volunteer is available 24 hours a day to offer support and assistance
- A large Community room located in building 14 which has a kitchenette, library area, DVD’s, a large screen TV and lounge chairs and fundraising ‘trading table’
What we do not provide:
- Nursing care
- Medical supervision
- The cooking or supplying of meals
- WIFI access
- Hair dryers
Residents must provide their own meals, keep their apartment clean and tidy and do their own laundry while staying at the home.
Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the buildings or on the grounds except for a small rotunda behind building 12.
Certified companion dogs and guide dogs are welcome however other pets cannot be accommodated at the Ivanhoe Home.