At the Ivanhoe Homes we take the safety and care of our residents, staff and volunteers seriously. If you have any concerns please contact the main office at reception.
Occupational Health & Safety
It is very important for safety and security reasons to advise the office if:-
- An additional person is staying in your room for the night
- You will be absent on the weekend
- The patient has been admitted to hospital
- If there are any breakages or maintenance required
Code of Conduct for Residents, Carers and Visitors
The Ivanhoe Homes has a Code of Conduct for residents and their visitors. They should be aware that a certain level of behaviour is expected of them when they are here. They should also be mindful that staff have rights in ensuring the protection of other residents, staff and volunteers.
No Smoking Policy
Smoking by all residents and visitors is strictly prohibited in all buildings, including balconies, verandahs and the surrounding gardens. A rotunda is available for smokers. Smoking is discouraged in the street.
In Case of Emergency
In Case of Fire
- On hearing an evacuation alarm, or on instruction of emergency control personnel, immediately cease all activity and secure personal valuables.
- Assist any person in immediate danger, but only if safe to do so.
- If practical, and only if safe to do so, secure any activity or process that may become hazardous or suffer damage if left unattended as a consequence of evacuation.
- Act in accordance with directions given by emergency control personnel and evacuate the building immediately.
- Assist with the general evacuation if directed to do so by emergency control personnel.
- Assist with the evacuation of disabled occupants.
- In a fire, do not use a lift to evacuate a building.
- Move calmly to the nominated evacuation assembly area and do not leave the evacuation assembly area until the all clear has been given.
- Follow the instructions of relevant emergency control personnel.