A large number of people volunteer on a regular or occasional basis at the Ivanhoe Home in a range of roles.
We currently need further assistance in the following areas:
Maintenance Handy Person:
- We are always looking for extra helpers in this area. You would be assisting with the general upkeep and improvement of the facilities using your existing skills and experience.
- Share gifts/talents with residents, music, crafts, etc
- Shopping for residents unable to do so themselves or driving residents to shops
- Afternoon teas
- Nibbles & drinks
- Walking & other activities
Care & Support of Patients and Carers:
- Having a ‘cuppa’ with someone who is lonely and needing company & support
- Anything you can do to offer care and support to people undergoing serious medical treatment and to their carers